“My computer is not detecting the Pen Drive. I really need to recover the files, which contains very important data. What should I do now?”
If your pen drive is not detected or you have accidentally deleted important batch of files from your pen drive, don’t panic at all. Here, we will be discussing some of the ways to recover deleted files from pen drive. Basically, the process is same as of deleted data recovery from PC or any other type of digital storage. Nowadays, the small storage device popularly known as the pen-drive is widely used hence; when data gets deleted from the pen drive you will lose a lot. Let us first discuss the possible reasons of the pen drive is not detected or pen drive not showing files and folders.
What are the causes of Pen Drive not detected?
Mentionedbelow are the various reasons causing theissue:
- Pen drive is damaged or malfunctioned
- The device has become unstable, outdated or corrupt
- USB port is faulty, broken or damaged
- Partition issues on the pen drive
- Wrong file system in the pen drive
- Virus infected PC.
Different ways to recover deleted files from Pen Drive
When you encounter such a situation, check the pen drive by connecting it to another PC. If the pen drive still remains undetected implement the solutions stated below:
1. While a pen drive is not showing data, unhide files using CMD
- Connect the pen drive to PC and open Windows Explorer
- Then go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> Check “Show Hidden Files”, to ensure that the files & folders are not in hidden mode.
- Now, click on the Start Menu ->Run ->Type cmd and press Enter. To make the pen drive data showing, type the commands: attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:\*.* and press Enter. Please replace “K” with your pen drive letter.
Now all the files will
be visible in your pen drive. If you find a folder without a name, rename it to
recover the data.
2. Retrieve files with the help of data recovery software
If the issue is not resolved via above steps, try to recover your data with Stellar Photo Recovery software. This is one of the most trusted and popular data recovery software. However, you will not be able to usethe software if your pen drive is physically damaged or it is not detecting.
3. Professional Data Recovery Service
The only way to fix pen drive not showing with CMD is by taking help of an expert data recovery service provider. Stellar Data Recovery is highly efficient in recovering data from not detecting, not responding, damaged pen drives. Their professional services help in recovering data from different kind of pen drives & from all type of data loss situations.All the 15 branches across India are well known for excellent customer service and maintain a high level of data confidentiality.
Tips to protect pen drive from any sort of damage:
- Inappropriate ejection of pen drive from your system leads to partial overwriting. Therefore, it is recommended to safely remove the external storage device.
- Avoid connecting pen drives to systems with public access such as in banks, internet cafe etc.
- Pen drives are brittle, and donot like being mistreated. The device can be broken or physically damaged if carried in your pocket or in an unprotected manner in your bag. We should delicately handle a pen drive to avoid any sort of damage.
- Formatting can erase the data stored in the pen drive because when it is formatted, the system makes the space available for new data storage, erasing the old files. A good to know information is that old files are not gone forever until new data is added in the SD card because new files will occupy the space of old items.
- Start keeping backup of your data.
Wrapping it up
Always opt for professional data recovery services for pen drive not showing files and folders. The device is quite fragile and prone to physical damage. Tampering the pen drive can even worsen the situation. Hence, when you figure out that the pen drive is non-functional, opt for Stellar Data Recovery Services immediately. There are following reasons why to obtain Stellar Data Recovery service:
- Recovering data since 1993
- ISO 9001:2015 & ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified
- 15 Branches across India
- 100 % Data Safety and Privacy Guaranteed
- Free media pick up and drop facility
- 3 Million Customers
- No Recovery – No Charge policy
For more information about stellar data recovery, visit their official website or dial their toll-free number 1800-102-3232.