- Now here click on Temporarily Hide
- Here Enter the URL of your website you wish Google to remove it from Search Engine.
- At Last click on Continue Button.You can view the status and removal type information once you submit the URL for removal.
How much time it will take to remove URL From Google Search?
We can’t say. Google may take more time to complete your request to remove URL from Google Search. So be patience and check back after 24 Hours of time. Your Google webmaster tools remove url request may also be completed very soon.
Now question is why to remove URL from Google?
- Use this tool for basic needs. For Example : You have a broken link and you have updated setup new permalink.
- You have updated the an article and assign a new permalink for you.
The old Permalinks appears in the search engine and if the users finds in search, clicks on it.
How to hide the Entire website or Blog?:
For this purpose you need to leave the blank as empty. Then Google will hide your website from Search engine.
How long Google Hides the URLs?
As per the Google the temporarily Hide period is about for 90 days. After this time, the remove URL may appear in the search engine result.
How to next step i should i do when i place remove URL request?
Once you notice that URL is removed from Google search engine. If you have updated the your URL with new permalink. Then you need to give that URL for indexing. Make sure everything is fine for you.
Always when you are publishing a content, you need to decide about Permalink. As if you do changes later, it may be head ache for you. Titles you can change n number of times.
Give Right URL to Remove:
Make sure you place the google remove url request. It must be error free for successful remove from Google search engine.
What if i have not updated the permalink?
If you have not updated your permalink and not given it for re-indexing. Then you need to Apply permanent google url remove request.
Actions to be taken for Permanent removal
- Setup 404 for that particular URL
- Use “noindexing tags”
- Block access by setting a password.