Once your have verify website in Google. Your next step should be Submit sitemap to Google Search Console. Add right XML Sitemap and look for submission status. You have to learn how to submit XML sitemap to Google?
What is Sitemap?
It gives information to Search engines about your posts, pages, images Etc of your website. XML sitemap is used by search engines. For Users you can have HTML Sitemap.
XML sitemap gives information about URLs present in your website or Blog. Thus it helps crawlers to find your website.
Check Here to know about differences between two of them. Submit a sitemap to google for your website has lot of benefits.
Now come to Point How to Submit Sitemap to Google Search Console?
- Google Webmaster Team is providing easy interface by which you can add your sitemap.
- First you have to make sure that you Create XML Sitemap in advance.
- There are many Free XML Sitemap Generator.
- Use XML sitemap validator to cross check
- If your are using a Yoast SEO Plugin. Then you have option in the Plugin itself.
- If not use other resource to Generate XML Sitemap.
- It is free tool, you can use it without an hassle.
- A Google Search Console Account. (Make sure you have verified your site)
Don’t Create multiple sitemaps and confuse the Search engines. It will be big probleme from indexing point of view. It will be big problem from indexing point of view. So create only one XML Sitemap. It is enough for you.
How to Add Sitemap to Google Search Console webmaster Tools?
Go to Google Search Console Account.
Sigin with your Gmail ID and Password.
Select the particular website or blog you want to add sitemap.
You may have added multiple in Google webmaster. Just choose the particular one.
A Dashboard is displayed for you. Now go to Crawl Tab and Click on Sitemaps.
On Right hand you have option called as Add/Test Sitemap. Click on it.
Add this code sitemap_index.xml and click on submit. Be alert
A message is displayed as item submitted. Use close page or refresh page. No problem.
- Done XML sitemap submitted. Check back after 24 Hours of Time to know about the status of Issues, Items, Submitted and Indexed information.
- Avoid submitting just sitemap.xml as a sitemap. It may result in many issues. So always use the recommended sitemap only.
Doubts and suggestions are most welcome. Hope you like this article How to submit a Sitemap to